|Lady Tigers Fall to Anderson in Exhibition|
|Press Release - Saturday, November 3, 2012 7:53 AM||
The Trojans outscored Clemson, 46-32 in the second half, erasing the rest of Clemson's 16-point first half lead in the process.
The Lady Tiger defense was strong in the first half, allowing the Trojans to hit just .267 percent of their shots from the field, while hitting .414 of their shots. In the second half, the Trojans shot .563, while Clemson shot .294, and were just 9-20 from the line.
Nikki Dixon led all players with 24 points on 8-17 shooting. She also added nine rebounds. Both of those totals would have been regular season career-bests. Alissa Diaz had 21 points for Anderson to lead the Trojans.
Quinyotta Pettaway also played well, scoring 14 points and grabbing 19 rebounds, which would have been the most in a game since 1990, when Jackie Farmer had 20. Freshman Danaejah Grant had 14 points for the Tigers, who saw three players foul out.
Clemson opens the regular season on Sunday, Nov. 11 against Presbyterian College.
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic