|Lady Tigers Fall to Anderson in Exhibition|
CLEMSON, SC - The Anderson Trojans stunned the Lady Tigers in a basketball exhibition in Littlejohn Coliseum on Friday, downing Clemson by a 72-65 score. The game result does not count for either team toward their regular season record.
The Trojans outscored Clemson, 46-32 in the second half, erasing the rest of Clemson's 16-point first half lead in the process.
The Lady Tiger defense was strong in the first half, allowing the Trojans to hit just .267 percent of their shots from the field, while hitting .414 of their shots. In the second half, the Trojans shot .563, while Clemson shot .294, and were just 9-20 from the line.
Nikki Dixon led all players with 24 points on 8-17 shooting. She also added nine rebounds. Both of those totals would have been regular season career-bests. Alissa Diaz had 21 points for Anderson to lead the Trojans.
Quinyotta Pettaway also played well, scoring 14 points and grabbing 19 rebounds, which would have been the most in a game since 1990, when Jackie Farmer had 20. Freshman Danaejah Grant had 14 points for the Tigers, who saw three players foul out.
Clemson opens the regular season on Sunday, Nov. 11 against Presbyterian College.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny