|ACC Heisman Watch: Week 8|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:42 AM||
Here are your top dark horse candidates heading into Week 8:
1. Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel: He is coming off a terrific performance against a not-so-terrific defense. Manuel completed 27 of 34 passes for a career-high 439 yards and four touchdowns in the Seminoles’ 51-7 win over Boston College.
2. Clemson receiver DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile: He leads the ACC with 8.2 receptions per game, and leads the league and is third nationally with 129.5 receiving yards per game. He has 777 yards and eight touchdown receptions this year. He is fourth in the ACC in all-purpose yards with 129.5 per game.
3. Clemson quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Jr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile: He enters Saturday’s game against Virginia Tech leading the ACC and ranked No. 11 nationally in total offense (328.7 yards per game). He also leads the ACC in passing average per game with 291.3 yards. He has 14 passing touchdowns to only five interceptions, and he is second in the ACC in passing efficiency behind Manuel.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic