|Dabo comments on Spurrier's Death Valley quote|
Steve Spurrier: "Most our players have never been to Death Valley. That is the Death Valley isn’t it? Is there another one around?"— Josh Kendall (@JoshatTheState) October 9, 2012
Following Wednesday's practice, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked about South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier's comments about there only being one Death Valley - South Carolina plays at LSU this week - and Swinney good-naturedly answered the question.
“I heard about that. It’s amazing people are interested in Clemson so much," Swinney said. "For the record, the original Death Valley is right here (pointing behind him to the stadium). In case anybody has any doubts, its right here. That’s the original Death Valley. I am pretty sure that is accurate, but I can see where he might have a little confusion. Our guys have never been to USC. California is a long way from here. I can see where there might be a little confusion there – two Death Valleys and two USC’s, but there is only one real one. That is classic Spurrier. When he is winning, you can say anything you want. He is one of the best. He has had more lines than anyone probably will. They have a heck of a football team I will tell you that.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars