|Swinney gets along well with Paul Johnson|
|Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:21 AM-||
“Paul and I are friends and get along very well,” Swinney said Wednesday on the ACC coaches teleconference.
Swinney called Johnson “down to earth” and said that he has been very gracious and insightful to him since he became a head coach midway through the 2008 season. Swinney’s first game as head coach, in fact, was against the Yellow Jackets in what was also Johnson’s first year at Tech. Swinney declined to share the insights that Johnson has shared, but praised his understanding of the game and coaching business.
Beyond pre-game exchanges, Johnson and Swinney have gotten to know each other through ACC meetings and Nike-sponsored trips. Their wives, as well, have become friends.
Said Johnson, “We get along great.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me