|Dabo: I didn't want to be an appliance man or lay under people's sinks|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, September 21, 2012 12:45 PM||
CoachingSearch.com posted some of the quotes from the interview that Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile did while on SiriusXM College Sports Nation on Thursday. Swinney explained his philosophy on life and how they've helped him succeed.
"With my faith in Christ and the values instilled in me and the drive to not want to be an appliance man, not want to lay under people's sinks," he said. "Not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's what I grew up doing. I wanted to go get an education. I wanted to do things differently that what had gone on in my family, and I knew that if I made the right choices and made the right decisions and was willing to pay the price, then I would have that opportunity.
"I went to college on Pell grants and student loans and all that. People can do it. Nobody's saying it's easy. It's not easy. It comes easier for some people than others. You can't worry about that. You have to be thankful for what you do have, and I don't care how bleak your situation is, we all have things to be thankful for. That's just a simple message. I'm thankful for where I'm at.
"I'm thankful for everything that I've ever experienced, because all those things have allowed me to hopefully be the man than God wants me to be, and to be here and have an opportunity to be a part of a fun game, like the game of football. This ain't life or death.
"What's the worst thing that going to happen Saturday night? We're going to lose a ballgame. Ain't nobody going to skin us and eat us alive. Just keep proper perspective as you go through life. Try to have fun, bring positive energy every day, get up with a smile on your face and attack whatever it is that you're dealing with. If you do that, you're going to have a successful life."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story