|Andre Ellington named Maxwell POTW|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:01 PM||
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
Andre Ellington – Running Back – Clemson University
The Maxwell Football Club has selected Clemson tailback Andre Ellington as the winner of the Club’s Maxwell Award Player of the Week in recognition of his outstanding performance in the Tigers 26-19 win over Auburn.
Ellington a 5’9, 190lb senior from Moncks Corner, SC posted a dominating performance in the season opener rushing for 231 yards on 26 carries. He averaged 8.9 yards a touch and had a long run of 68 yards. Ellington’s previous high was 212 at Maryland last year. The total broke a couple of records as it was the most in school history in a season opener and the most by a Tiger against an SEC team. The record for an opener had stood since 1952. Overall, it was the fifth highest total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"