|Andre Ellington named Maxwell POTW|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:01 PM||
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
Andre Ellington – Running Back – Clemson University
The Maxwell Football Club has selected Clemson tailback Andre Ellington as the winner of the Club’s Maxwell Award Player of the Week in recognition of his outstanding performance in the Tigers 26-19 win over Auburn.
Ellington a 5’9, 190lb senior from Moncks Corner, SC posted a dominating performance in the season opener rushing for 231 yards on 26 carries. He averaged 8.9 yards a touch and had a long run of 68 yards. Ellington’s previous high was 212 at Maryland last year. The total broke a couple of records as it was the most in school history in a season opener and the most by a Tiger against an SEC team. The record for an opener had stood since 1952. Overall, it was the fifth highest total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin