|Andre Ellington named Maxwell POTW|
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
Andre Ellington – Running Back – Clemson University
The Maxwell Football Club has selected Clemson tailback Andre Ellington as the winner of the Club’s Maxwell Award Player of the Week in recognition of his outstanding performance in the Tigers 26-19 win over Auburn.
Ellington a 5’9, 190lb senior from Moncks Corner, SC posted a dominating performance in the season opener rushing for 231 yards on 26 carries. He averaged 8.9 yards a touch and had a long run of 68 yards. Ellington’s previous high was 212 at Maryland last year. The total broke a couple of records as it was the most in school history in a season opener and the most by a Tiger against an SEC team. The record for an opener had stood since 1952. Overall, it was the fifth highest total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!