|Andre Ellington named Maxwell POTW|
|Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:01 PM-||
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
Andre Ellington – Running Back – Clemson University
The Maxwell Football Club has selected Clemson tailback Andre Ellington as the winner of the Club’s Maxwell Award Player of the Week in recognition of his outstanding performance in the Tigers 26-19 win over Auburn.
Ellington a 5’9, 190lb senior from Moncks Corner, SC posted a dominating performance in the season opener rushing for 231 yards on 26 carries. He averaged 8.9 yards a touch and had a long run of 68 yards. Ellington’s previous high was 212 at Maryland last year. The total broke a couple of records as it was the most in school history in a season opener and the most by a Tiger against an SEC team. The record for an opener had stood since 1952. Overall, it was the fifth highest total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson DE starter out vs. Auburn
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover