|Andre Ellington named Maxwell POTW|
|Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:01 PM-||
Maxwell Award Player of the Week
Andre Ellington – Running Back – Clemson University
The Maxwell Football Club has selected Clemson tailback Andre Ellington as the winner of the Club’s Maxwell Award Player of the Week in recognition of his outstanding performance in the Tigers 26-19 win over Auburn.
Ellington a 5’9, 190lb senior from Moncks Corner, SC posted a dominating performance in the season opener rushing for 231 yards on 26 carries. He averaged 8.9 yards a touch and had a long run of 68 yards. Ellington’s previous high was 212 at Maryland last year. The total broke a couple of records as it was the most in school history in a season opener and the most by a Tiger against an SEC team. The record for an opener had stood since 1952. Overall, it was the fifth highest total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Swinney to McCloud: "You are going to be on Sportscenter for the rest of your life"