|NFL stock of Ellington, Willard rising|
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
RS Sr. Running Back
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile and Jonathan WillardJonathan Willard
RS Sr. Linebacker
#46 6-2, 225
View Full Profile were both NFL risers on SI's Tony Pauline's report on the NFL sliders and risers from the first weekend of the college football.
Andre Ellington/RB/Clemson: Ellington was the star in Clemson's seven-point victory over Auburn. His final stats were daunting as he totaled 228 rushing yards on 25 carries, averaging 9.1 yards each time he touched the ball. Ellington ran with great balance and body control as well as toughness. Similar to former Clemson star CJ Spiller, a first round pick in 2010, Ellington was elusive and picked up big chunks of yardage from the line of scrimmage. Ellington, unlike Spiller, ran with great intensity and worked hard to get as much yardage as possible from every carry. Scouts feel Ellington is best as a situational ball carrier for the next level, yet more performances such as the one tonight will change that thinking.
Jonathan Willard/LB/Clemson: Willard was omnipresent during the Clemson victory and made plays in all areas of the game. He totaled eight tackles, broke up a pass, recovered a fumble and registered a sack. Willard also produced on special teams. He's a smart, tough linebacker who makes up for his lack of elite speed with good instincts. Willard projects well in the NFL as a back-up linebacker/special teams player.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- Muschamp on 56-7 loss: "We got whipped"
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Virginia Tech