|ESPN: Boyd rated #6 Player in ACC|
|Friday, August 24, 2012 3:25 PM-||
No. 6. Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Jr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, QB, Clemson
2011 stats: He threw for 3,828 yards, 33 touchdowns and 12 interceptions over 14 starts. He completed 59.7 percent of his passes and had a 141.2 pass efficiency rating. He had 218 rushing yards and five rushing touchdowns. He had 4,046 total yards and was responsible for a school-record 38 touchdowns.
Previous ranking: No. 6
Making the case for Boyd: He had an outstanding record-setting season in his first year as a starter and played his way into the Heisman conversation after Clemson’s 8-0 start. He led the team to the ACC championship with his strong arm and leadership qualities. His career 43 touchdowns are the most among active ACC players, and he finished last year first in school history in passing efficiency. He has a 10-4 career record as a starter, and was named the MVP of last year’s ACC championship game.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts