|Swinney on the retirement of Phillips|
|Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:19 PM-||
“I am happy for him and his wife Trish. They will have an opportunity to do some things they have never been able to do. We talked about it a couple of times and he is at peace with the decision.
“I just love him. He is a great man, who is a man with class, integrity and he has vision. He is a man with some gut…. he had the guts to hire me four years ago for this position. It was a special moment last year when I was able to hand him that ACC Championship trophy in Charlotte.
“What he has done with the facilities in all our sports has been incredible. He has given us a chance to compete at the highest level and has changed the playing field here. We just moved into a new dining facility in the West Endzone and next year at this time we will be in a new Indoor Practice Facility. They ought to name it after him.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Venables named nation's top recruiter
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party