|What Boyd has to do to win the Heisman|
|Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:18 PM-||
CBSSports.com released its Preseason Heisman Watch on Monday which ranked Clemson quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Jr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile at No. 10 on the list. On Tuesday, CBSSports.com went into more detail in what would be necessary for Boyd to bring home the hardware.
... unless Clemson somehow ends up challenging for a national title, Boyd's likely Heisman route is to follow the Robert Griffin III model. That means producing a superior statistical season while helping Clemson to at least become relevant on a national level.
Based on what Boyd has done so far in his career, these items seem well within reach. After all, in 2011 Boyd threw for 3,828 yards and 33 touchdowns (while rushing for 218 and another five scores) in his first year as a starter. Thanks in large part to Boyd's development, Clemson won its first ACC title since 1991.
To make a statistical splash in this year's Heisman race, Boyd must dramatically improve his numbers in a few categories, namely completion percentage (59.7% last year), interceptions (12) and pass efficiency (141.17).
CBSSports.com also stated that the Tigers must repeat as ACC Champs for Boyd to have a chance.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson