|Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:07 PM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile was in Myrtle Beach on Tuesday evening for a "Prowl and Growl" event and was asked about the status of Sammy Watkins.
"He has responded very well," the Tigers head coach said. "But as far as any other comments, not at this time. I'm still in the process like my statement said, just gathering everything all my thoughts and all the facts and meeting with everybody involved and then making a decision on where we go from there as far as what type of discipline we'll put in place." When asked if there's any kind of timetable on the discipline, Swinney quickly answered, "No. We don't play until September."
Swinney also told Myrtle Beach Online the following on Watkins' arrest.
“I’m still in the process of making the best decision for everybody,” Swinney said. “I’m very disappointed in Sammy, in the decision that he made. He’s been a complete model citizen, player, teammate, student since the day he got there. It’s just a reminder that even the best of the best still do stupid things from time to time.
“… This is a teachable opportunity and I’m proud of how he’s responded, because he has responded the right way. I’m in the process of gathering all the facts and making sure I have a good grasp of the situation and what happened, and I will determine his discipline at a later time.”
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley