|Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:07 PM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile was in Myrtle Beach on Tuesday evening for a "Prowl and Growl" event and was asked about the status of Sammy Watkins.
"He has responded very well," the Tigers head coach said. "But as far as any other comments, not at this time. I'm still in the process like my statement said, just gathering everything all my thoughts and all the facts and meeting with everybody involved and then making a decision on where we go from there as far as what type of discipline we'll put in place." When asked if there's any kind of timetable on the discipline, Swinney quickly answered, "No. We don't play until September."
Swinney also told Myrtle Beach Online the following on Watkins' arrest.
“I’m still in the process of making the best decision for everybody,” Swinney said. “I’m very disappointed in Sammy, in the decision that he made. He’s been a complete model citizen, player, teammate, student since the day he got there. It’s just a reminder that even the best of the best still do stupid things from time to time.
“… This is a teachable opportunity and I’m proud of how he’s responded, because he has responded the right way. I’m in the process of gathering all the facts and making sure I have a good grasp of the situation and what happened, and I will determine his discipline at a later time.”
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic