|Dabo comments on Watkins at Prowl and Growl|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:07 PM||
"He has responded very well," the Tigers head coach said. "But as far as any other comments, not at this time. I'm still in the process like my statement said, just gathering everything all my thoughts and all the facts and meeting with everybody involved and then making a decision on where we go from there as far as what type of discipline we'll put in place." When asked if there's any kind of timetable on the discipline, Swinney quickly answered, "No. We don't play until September."
Swinney also told Myrtle Beach Online the following on Watkins' arrest.
“I’m still in the process of making the best decision for everybody,” Swinney said. “I’m very disappointed in Sammy, in the decision that he made. He’s been a complete model citizen, player, teammate, student since the day he got there. It’s just a reminder that even the best of the best still do stupid things from time to time.
“… This is a teachable opportunity and I’m proud of how he’s responded, because he has responded the right way. I’m in the process of gathering all the facts and making sure I have a good grasp of the situation and what happened, and I will determine his discipline at a later time.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies