|Dabo interview on ESPN Magazine|
|Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:09 PM-||
From ESPN Magazine:
"THAT TEAM IS LONG GONE." Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has the response set on repeat. Any time someone dares to bring up the Tigers' surprising 8-0 start last season, or their awful 2-4 finish -- which included a demoralizing 70-33 Orange Bowl beatdown by West Virginia -- Swinney pauses, looks around and calmly says it again: "Long gone."
"That was a good team but not a great team," he explains in his office as he waits for another spring practice to begin. "They were good enough to win the ACC but not good enough to go undefeated and not good enough to win a BCS bowl."
Then he curls his upper lip. "But that team is long gone."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs
- ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal