|Dabo interview on ESPN Magazine|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:09 PM||
From ESPN Magazine:
"THAT TEAM IS LONG GONE." Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has the response set on repeat. Any time someone dares to bring up the Tigers' surprising 8-0 start last season, or their awful 2-4 finish -- which included a demoralizing 70-33 Orange Bowl beatdown by West Virginia -- Swinney pauses, looks around and calmly says it again: "Long gone."
"That was a good team but not a great team," he explains in his office as he waits for another spring practice to begin. "They were good enough to win the ACC but not good enough to go undefeated and not good enough to win a BCS bowl."
Then he curls his upper lip. "But that team is long gone."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"