|Tajh Boyd talks WVU commitment|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:39 AM||
"I thought I had rushed my decision a little bit and things didn't look like they were going to work out like I wanted to," Boyd said. "I felt like I needed to take my time with things and reevaluate everything."
Boyd said he no longer was considering the Mountaineers, but privately hadn't given up on them. Not with all of his friends, like Heastie and Phoebus teammates Dominik Davenport and Shawne Alston, headed to WVU. Boyd knew if he opened things back up, he might find something more to his liking, but that he would also be welcomed back to WVU.
Then Stewart spoke.
"I will tell you I will call the plays, Jeff Mullen will call the plays, Jeff Casteel will call the plays on special teams, offense and defense. No player will call plays. They will play," Stewart said at his weekly press conference a few days after Boyd's announcement. "I'm glad I found that thing out sooner rather than later. No player's daddy is going to call plays."
Coaches are prohibited from specifically commenting on unsigned prospects, and while Stewart never named anyone the timing left no doubt whom he was commenting on at that moment.
Not even Boyd could misinterpret what Stewart was alleging.
"In all honesty, my dad never directed anything toward anybody," Boyd said.
"We wanted the gist of how the offense was going to work and everyone there took it the wrong way. That was one part of the situation I never understood.
"At that point, I was like, 'Man, this is how it's going to be before I ever get there? How's it going to be when I do get there?' I had a lot of respect for Coach Stewart, but at that point I felt like I had to look somewhere else."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec