|Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY|
|Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:38 PM-||
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Virginia Tech running back David Wilson, whose climb up the ACC’s single-season rushing yards list helped keep the Hokies atop the Coastal Division, is the conference’s Of-fensive and Overall Player of the Year for 2011. Wilson, who is pursuing the ACC’s single-season rushing yardage record and is fifth nationally in yards per game, was named on 18 of 45 ballots cast by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Associa-tion. Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly was second with nine votes.
The Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association is an organization of journalists dedicated to fostering a mutually beneficial relationship between the news media and the institutions and administration of the Atlantic Coast Conference. The group serves as a liaison to decision-makers.
2011 ACC Player of the Year
David Wilson, RB, Va Tech (18)
Luke Kuechly, LB, BC (9)
Logan Thomas, QB, Va Tech (3)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"