|Boyd, Watkins finish behind VT's David Wilson in ACC POY|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:38 PM||
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Virginia Tech running back David Wilson, whose climb up the ACC’s single-season rushing yards list helped keep the Hokies atop the Coastal Division, is the conference’s Of-fensive and Overall Player of the Year for 2011. Wilson, who is pursuing the ACC’s single-season rushing yardage record and is fifth nationally in yards per game, was named on 18 of 45 ballots cast by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Associa-tion. Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly was second with nine votes.
The Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association is an organization of journalists dedicated to fostering a mutually beneficial relationship between the news media and the institutions and administration of the Atlantic Coast Conference. The group serves as a liaison to decision-makers.
2011 ACC Player of the Year
David Wilson, RB, Va Tech (18)
Luke Kuechly, LB, BC (9)
Logan Thomas, QB, Va Tech (3)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Mac Lain says Wilkins is "just amazing"