|NY Times: Once Booed, Boyd Is Now Unbeaten|
|Friday, October 28, 2011 9:14 AM-||
From the New York Times:
In this era of texting and Twitter and message boards, disgruntled Clemson football fans are old-fashioned when it comes to holding a quarterback accountable.
“Yep, I heard it,” said Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, the Tigers’ redshirt sophomore quarterback. “Didn’t really read about the unhappy people; I heard it, though. You kind of get a little offended, but then you move forward and accept people’s passion for football here.”
Boyd, a first-year starter, heard the unrest after completing 8 of 24 passes in the spring game. He heard it again coming off the field after an unimpressive first half against Troy in the season opener.
Then, abruptly, the melody of murmurs, sighs and boos was switched off. Boyd started distributing the ball as if he understood the concepts of Clemson’s fast-paced spread offense. The Tigers clicked off a 38-24 win over Auburn, a 35-30 victory over Florida State and a 56-45 win over Maryland.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker
- Former Clemson LB signed by Ravens