|NY Times: Once Booed, Boyd Is Now Unbeaten|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, October 28, 2011 9:14 AM||
In this era of texting and Twitter and message boards, disgruntled Clemson football fans are old-fashioned when it comes to holding a quarterback accountable.
“Yep, I heard it,” said Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, the Tigers’ redshirt sophomore quarterback. “Didn’t really read about the unhappy people; I heard it, though. You kind of get a little offended, but then you move forward and accept people’s passion for football here.”
Boyd, a first-year starter, heard the unrest after completing 8 of 24 passes in the spring game. He heard it again coming off the field after an unimpressive first half against Troy in the season opener.
Then, abruptly, the melody of murmurs, sighs and boos was switched off. Boyd started distributing the ball as if he understood the concepts of Clemson’s fast-paced spread offense. The Tigers clicked off a 38-24 win over Auburn, a 35-30 victory over Florida State and a 56-45 win over Maryland.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement