|NY Times: Once Booed, Boyd Is Now Unbeaten|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, October 28, 2011 9:14 AM||
From the New York Times:
In this era of texting and Twitter and message boards, disgruntled Clemson football fans are old-fashioned when it comes to holding a quarterback accountable.
“Yep, I heard it,” said Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, the Tigers’ redshirt sophomore quarterback. “Didn’t really read about the unhappy people; I heard it, though. You kind of get a little offended, but then you move forward and accept people’s passion for football here.”
Boyd, a first-year starter, heard the unrest after completing 8 of 24 passes in the spring game. He heard it again coming off the field after an unimpressive first half against Troy in the season opener.
Then, abruptly, the melody of murmurs, sighs and boos was switched off. Boyd started distributing the ball as if he understood the concepts of Clemson’s fast-paced spread offense. The Tigers clicked off a 38-24 win over Auburn, a 35-30 victory over Florida State and a 56-45 win over Maryland.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies