|NY Times: Once Booed, Boyd Is Now Unbeaten|
|Friday, October 28, 2011 9:14 AM-||
From the New York Times:
In this era of texting and Twitter and message boards, disgruntled Clemson football fans are old-fashioned when it comes to holding a quarterback accountable.
“Yep, I heard it,” said Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile, the Tigers’ redshirt sophomore quarterback. “Didn’t really read about the unhappy people; I heard it, though. You kind of get a little offended, but then you move forward and accept people’s passion for football here.”
Boyd, a first-year starter, heard the unrest after completing 8 of 24 passes in the spring game. He heard it again coming off the field after an unimpressive first half against Troy in the season opener.
Then, abruptly, the melody of murmurs, sighs and boos was switched off. Boyd started distributing the ball as if he understood the concepts of Clemson’s fast-paced spread offense. The Tigers clicked off a 38-24 win over Auburn, a 35-30 victory over Florida State and a 56-45 win over Maryland.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson