|ESPN: ACC Superlatives for Week 9|
|Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:23 PM-||
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Clemson quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile: He has played his way into the Heisman conversation, and right now is the lead candidate for the ACC’s player of the year. He leads the ACC in passing average per game (297.4), is second in pass efficiency (160.1) and leads the ACC in total offense (318). He has thrown 24 touchdowns and three interceptions.
Clemson receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-1, 200
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile: He’s right behind Boyd as one of the best players in the ACC this year. He is second in the league in receiving yards per game (102.4) and leads the ACC with 6.8 receptions per game. He has scored nine touchdowns, leads the league in scoring and his having a record-setting freshman season.
Virginia Tech running back David Wilson
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Miami linebacker Sean Spence
Clemson defensive end Andre BranchAndre Branch
RS Sr. Defensive End
#40 6-5, 260
View Full Profile: He leads the ACC with 12 tackles for loss and leads the ACC with eight sacks. He has 47 tackles this season.
Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly
COACH OF THE YEAR
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney: Hot seat? What hot seat? Not this guy, who at 8-0 has the Tigers ranked No. 5 in the latest BCS standings and in a position to contend for the national title. Clemson is close to clinching the Atlantic Division title for the second time under Swinney, and the program is easily one of the best in the country this year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts