|Tajh Boyd's NFL draft potential|
|Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:43 PM-||
Steve Muench of Scouts Inc. wrote that Boyd doesn't project as an early-round pick right now for several reasons. This is Insider content, but I'll give you a sneak preview:
For starters, his inexperience shows up on film. He will lock on to his primary receiver and is still learning to read defenses. He telegraphed a throw that was picked off by Hokies CB Jayron Hosley, and he failed to see a linebacker in underneath coverage on a throw that North Carolina should have picked off.
Secondly, Boyd can zip the ball downfield but his touch on deeper throws is inconsistent, particularly outside the hashes. He also needs to work on his timing and anticipation.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks