|ESPN: Boyd on Heisman Watch|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:46 AM||
On the most recent list of five Heisman candidates I turn in to ESPN.com each week, Boyd was No. 4, ahead of Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson, who threw two picks and had an intentional grounding call lead to a safety. It’s not difficult to build a case for Boyd. He’s doing it himself every weekend:
He is playing for the No. 5 team in the country and undefeated at 8-0.
He is No. 2 in the country in points responsible for with 22 per game. He is No. 11 in the country in passing efficiency (160.-8), No. 9 in passing yards per game (297.38), No. 7 in total passing yards (2,379), and No. 10 in total offense (318).
On Saturday against North Carolina, Boy tied a school record with a career-high five touchdown passes. He also scored his third rushing touchdown of the season. His six touchdowns tied Woody Dantzler’s record for touchdown responsibility set in 2001.
Boyd has now thrown for at least 200 yards in every game this season and has thrown for at least 300 yards three times this season. Boyd has also thrown for at least three touchdown passes in six of the eight games this season.
Boyd has now thrown at least one touchdown pass in every game this season, giving him a touchdown pass in nine straight games dating to last year.
Boyd now has 24 touchdown passes, the second highest total in school history. The record is 27 by Cullen Harper in 2007.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach