|ESPN: What to watch in the ACC||Tweet|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:26 AM||
Pos: WR Height: 6-1 Weight: 205 Hometown: Fort Myers, FL (South Fort Myers HS) Years Played: 2011 - 2013
For the only time this year, the schedule will feature an all-ACC lineup, with six league games. Two important division games will be played with Georgia Tech at Miami and Maryland at Florida State. Here are 10 things to watch in the conference this week, in no particular order:
1. Miami’s defensive line
2. Miami quarterback Jacory Harris vs. Georgia Tech DB Rod Sweeting.
3. Clemson receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-1, 200
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. You should be watching him every week, but he’s on the verge of breaking freshman ACC records this weekend. Entering Saturday’s game against North Carolina, Watkins has 46 catches for 728 yards and eight receiving touchdowns. He needs 125 receiving yards and two touchdown catches to set the ACC records in both areas. Koren Robinson of NC State had 853 receiving yards a freshman in 1999. Greg Carr of Florida State had nine touchdown receptions in 2005 and Heath Miller of Virginia had nine TD receptions as a tight end in 2002.
4. Field position in Death Valley. Speaking of Watkins, he’s No. 6 in the country in kickoff returns, but he’s not the only one who has been playing well on special teams this season. UNC is No. 29 in the country in kickoff return defense, and the Tar Heels are No. 10 in the country in punt return yardage defense, allowing just 13 total yards on six attempts.
5. David Wilson’s 100-yard streak.
6. Boston College on third downs.
7. Big plays against Duke’s defense.
8. NC State’s rushing defense.
9. Virginia’s pass defense against quarterback Mike Glennon.
10. Florida State’s defense against Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown.
Read the full article here
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Football Board - Chat about this article in TigerActive Chat|