|ESPN: Swinney and Co. front runners for awards|
|Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:28 PM-||
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
Clemson quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile: He is 13th in the nation in passing efficiency and 13th in total offense. Boyd has thrown for at least 200 yards in every game and set a school record for wins by a starting quarterback at the beginning of a career as the starter. Boyd has 19 touchdown passes in seven games, already the fifth-most for a season in school history.
Clemson receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-1, 200
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile: Watkins is 10th in the nation in all-purpose yardage and 18th in receiving yards per game. He is tied for third in touchdown receptions with eight. He has already set 11 school freshmen records, and he’s not done yet.
Clemson defensive end Andre BranchAndre Branch
RS Sr. Defensive End
#40 6-5, 260
View Full Profile: He is sixth in the country in sacks per game with 1.0 and sixth in tackles for loss per game with 1.71. He’s Clemson’s leading tackler with 46, an impressive stat for a defensive lineman.
Coach of the Year
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney: At 7-0, it seems like a no-brainer. Here’s a little more evidence for you, though: Swinney is one of just four coaches to lead Clemson to a 7-0 or better start to a season. He joins Frank Howard (1948, 11-0), Danny Ford (1981, 12-0) and Tommy Bowden (2000, 8-0 start). He has an 18-4 record in Clemson Memorial Stadium for his career, an .818 winning percentage. That is tied for the third-best home winning percentage for a Clemson coach in history. Swinney has an overall record of 26-15 for a .634 winning percentage. That ranks as the fourth best for a Clemson coach since 1903.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker