|ESPN: Swinney and Co. front runners for awards|
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
Clemson quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile: He is 13th in the nation in passing efficiency and 13th in total offense. Boyd has thrown for at least 200 yards in every game and set a school record for wins by a starting quarterback at the beginning of a career as the starter. Boyd has 19 touchdown passes in seven games, already the fifth-most for a season in school history.
Clemson receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-1, 200
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile: Watkins is 10th in the nation in all-purpose yardage and 18th in receiving yards per game. He is tied for third in touchdown receptions with eight. He has already set 11 school freshmen records, and he’s not done yet.
Clemson defensive end Andre BranchAndre Branch
RS Sr. Defensive End
#40 6-5, 260
View Full Profile: He is sixth in the country in sacks per game with 1.0 and sixth in tackles for loss per game with 1.71. He’s Clemson’s leading tackler with 46, an impressive stat for a defensive lineman.
Coach of the Year
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney: At 7-0, it seems like a no-brainer. Here’s a little more evidence for you, though: Swinney is one of just four coaches to lead Clemson to a 7-0 or better start to a season. He joins Frank Howard (1948, 11-0), Danny Ford (1981, 12-0) and Tommy Bowden (2000, 8-0 start). He has an 18-4 record in Clemson Memorial Stadium for his career, an .818 winning percentage. That is tied for the third-best home winning percentage for a Clemson coach in history. Swinney has an overall record of 26-15 for a .634 winning percentage. That ranks as the fourth best for a Clemson coach since 1903.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars