|QB Tajh Boyd injury update|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:10 PM||
Clemson, SC—Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd suffered a strained hip in Saturday’s 36-14 victory over Boston College. Boyd had X-rays at Memorial Stadium, then had an MRI at Oconee Hospital in Seneca on Saturday night. The X-rays and MRI were negative. His status for next Saturday’s game against Maryland in College Park would be termed questionable at this point. An update of Boyd’s status will be given this coming week.
Boyd had completed 16-26 passes for 283 yards and a touchdown and had run for 37 yards and a touchdown on six carries prior to the injury that took place on Clemson’s opening drive of the second half. He was injured when he was hit by a Boston College defender while completing a pass to tight end Dwayne Allen for five yards.
Clemson went on to kick a field goal on the drive to take a 26-7 lead. Clemson went on to a 36-14 victory.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs