|Boyd Named ACC Player of the Week|
CLEMSON, SC - Clemson sophomore quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS So. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 230
View Full Profile has been named ACC Player of the Week for games of September 3 by Rivals.com. The national website selects just one player from each conference each week.
Boyd threw for 264 yards on 20-30 passing in Clemson's win over Troy on Saturday. He also threw three touchdown passes, a 33-yarder to freshman Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-2, 200
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile, a 54-yarder to Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
RS Jr. Tight End
#83 6-3, 245
View Full Profile and a seven-yarder to Jaron BrownJaron Brown
RS Jr. Wide Receiver
#18 6-2, 200
View Full Profile.
Boyd hit just three of his first nine passes and was 6-12 for 65 yards at the half. But, the native of Hampton, VA hit 14-18 passes for 199 yards and two scores in the second half to lead Clemson to a come from behind 43-19 victory. He led Clemson to 30 points and 347 yards of total offense in the second half when he had a passing efficiency of 204.
Boyd, who connected on 13 straight passes at one point, had the second greatest passing day in Clemson history for a quarterback in his first career start. Charlie Whitehurst, now with the Seattle Seahawks, threw for 420 yards in his first start for the Tigers at Duke in 2002.
Rivals.com Conference Players of the Week:
(Games of September 3, 2011)
ACC: Tajh Boyd, Clemson
Big East: Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Big Ten: Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
Conference USA: Case Keenum, Houston
MAC: Chandler Harnish, Northern Illinois
Mountain West: Kellen Moore, Boise State
Pac-12: Robert Woods, USC
SEC: Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
Sun Belt: T.Y. Hilton, FIU
WAC: Bryant Moniz, Hawaii
Independents, Kriss Proctor, Navy
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College
- Broadcast info and time for Clemson Spring game