|Ellington named breakout player by Athlon|
|Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:55 AM-||
According to Athlon Sports, these players may have started at some point in their career, but have yet to become a name familiar with all college football fans.
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile, RB, Clemson – Ellington was well on his way to a 1,000-yard season last year, but a toe injury limited him to only nine games. The junior rushed for 686 yards and 10 scores last season, which included 140 yards and a touchdown in a 27-24 loss to Auburn. As long as Ellington can stay healthy, he should be the focal point of the Clemson offense. The junior averaged nearly six yards a carry last season and can repeat that success with four starters returning on the offensive line. Expect Ellington to easily top 1,000 yards this year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson