|Ellington named breakout player by Athlon|
|Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:55 AM-||
According to Athlon Sports, these players may have started at some point in their career, but have yet to become a name familiar with all college football fans.
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile, RB, Clemson – Ellington was well on his way to a 1,000-yard season last year, but a toe injury limited him to only nine games. The junior rushed for 686 yards and 10 scores last season, which included 140 yards and a touchdown in a 27-24 loss to Auburn. As long as Ellington can stay healthy, he should be the focal point of the Clemson offense. The junior averaged nearly six yards a carry last season and can repeat that success with four starters returning on the offensive line. Expect Ellington to easily top 1,000 yards this year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Venables named nation's top recruiter
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party