|Ellington named breakout player by Athlon|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:55 AM||
According to Athlon Sports, these players may have started at some point in their career, but have yet to become a name familiar with all college football fans.
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile, RB, Clemson – Ellington was well on his way to a 1,000-yard season last year, but a toe injury limited him to only nine games. The junior rushed for 686 yards and 10 scores last season, which included 140 yards and a touchdown in a 27-24 loss to Auburn. As long as Ellington can stay healthy, he should be the focal point of the Clemson offense. The junior averaged nearly six yards a carry last season and can repeat that success with four starters returning on the offensive line. Expect Ellington to easily top 1,000 yards this year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin