|RB Ellington to be Rocking and Rolling|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:09 PM-||
According to Blue Ribbon via ESPN:
Redshirt junior Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile (5-11, 190) lacks C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile's top-end speed, but you won't get much argument around the program for which is the better ball carrier, especially at comparable stages in their careers.
Ellington proved just as prolific, if not explosive, rushing for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns in eight games before suffering basically a season-ending foot injury.
Clemson waited a month before Ellington had surgery to repair a torn toe ligament, and he wasn't to be cleared to return to football until fall practice. While the prognosis is for Ellington to regain his full capabilities, only time will tell.
But no one stands to thrive more in Morris' misdirection system than the shifty Ellington, who excels as a zone-blocking runner because of his vision, decisiveness and burst through the tiniest of seams. "He's going to be rocking and rolling," Swinney said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me