|RB Ellington to be Rocking and Rolling|
According to Blue Ribbon via ESPN:
Redshirt junior Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile (5-11, 190) lacks C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile's top-end speed, but you won't get much argument around the program for which is the better ball carrier, especially at comparable stages in their careers.
Ellington proved just as prolific, if not explosive, rushing for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns in eight games before suffering basically a season-ending foot injury.
Clemson waited a month before Ellington had surgery to repair a torn toe ligament, and he wasn't to be cleared to return to football until fall practice. While the prognosis is for Ellington to regain his full capabilities, only time will tell.
But no one stands to thrive more in Morris' misdirection system than the shifty Ellington, who excels as a zone-blocking runner because of his vision, decisiveness and burst through the tiniest of seams. "He's going to be rocking and rolling," Swinney said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!