|RB Ellington to be Rocking and Rolling|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:09 PM-||
According to Blue Ribbon via ESPN:
Redshirt junior Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile (5-11, 190) lacks C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile's top-end speed, but you won't get much argument around the program for which is the better ball carrier, especially at comparable stages in their careers.
Ellington proved just as prolific, if not explosive, rushing for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns in eight games before suffering basically a season-ending foot injury.
Clemson waited a month before Ellington had surgery to repair a torn toe ligament, and he wasn't to be cleared to return to football until fall practice. While the prognosis is for Ellington to regain his full capabilities, only time will tell.
But no one stands to thrive more in Morris' misdirection system than the shifty Ellington, who excels as a zone-blocking runner because of his vision, decisiveness and burst through the tiniest of seams. "He's going to be rocking and rolling," Swinney said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle