|RB Ellington to be Rocking and Rolling|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:09 PM||
Redshirt junior Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
#23 5-10, 190
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile (5-11, 190) lacks C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile's top-end speed, but you won't get much argument around the program for which is the better ball carrier, especially at comparable stages in their careers.
Ellington proved just as prolific, if not explosive, rushing for 686 yards and 10 touchdowns in eight games before suffering basically a season-ending foot injury.
Clemson waited a month before Ellington had surgery to repair a torn toe ligament, and he wasn't to be cleared to return to football until fall practice. While the prognosis is for Ellington to regain his full capabilities, only time will tell.
But no one stands to thrive more in Morris' misdirection system than the shifty Ellington, who excels as a zone-blocking runner because of his vision, decisiveness and burst through the tiniest of seams. "He's going to be rocking and rolling," Swinney said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley