|Mel Kiper's Latest Big Board||Tweet|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:05 PM||
Pos: DE Height: 6-4 Weight: 277 Hometown: Bamberg, SC (Bamberg-Ehrhardt HS) Years Played: 2008 - 2010
This is an assessment of Mel Kiper's draft value, not a prediction of the NFL draft order.
According to Mel Kiper of ESPN:
"Perhaps draft's most gifted pass-rusher, Bowers must wait for pro day, but injury concerns are still minor. Potential to go as 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE."
1. Patrick Peterson CB 6-0 219 LSU
2. Nick Fairley DT 6-4 291 Auburn
3. Marcell Dareus DE 6-3 319 Alabama
4. Von Miller LB 6-3 246 Texas A&M
5. DaQuan Bowers DE 6-4 277 Clemson
6. A.J. Green WR Georgia
7. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
8. Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
9. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
10. Cam Newton QB Auburn
***Today, on his Kiper Mock Draft 3.0 , he had Bowers going off the board with the 8th pick to the Tennessee Titans.
"Tremendous natural pass-rusher, Bowers falls a little because of needs elsewhere before this pick and because of some very small but lingering questions about his knee."
"He was unable to work out in Indy as a precaution with his recovery."
"Tennessee targeted its pass rush in the first round last year, but Bowers simply represents too much value at this position and with the pass rush still in need of an upgrade, he provides immediate help as well."
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at email@example.com||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Football Board - Chat about this article in TigerActive Chat|
- Tuesday, 5/7/2013 11:46 PMBowers thinks he could be one of the NFL's eliteThursday, 4/11/2013 10:56 AMBowers has gun charges reducedMonday, 3/25/2013 10:22 AMDa'Quan Bowers to start next seasonWednesday, 3/20/2013 10:13 PMSchiano expects 10 sacks from BowersTuesday, 3/19/2013 5:06 PMBowers tweets about ClemsonWednesday, 2/20/2013 10:21 AMBowers could get leniency from New York authoritiesTuesday, 2/19/2013 11:01 AMESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrestTuesday, 2/19/2013 9:25 AMJudge sets bail in Bowers' gun caseMonday, 2/18/2013 5:36 PM