|QB commit wins POTY|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:35 AM||
Deshaun Watson - QB
Height: 6-3 Weight: 190 Hometown: Gainesville, GA (Gainesville HS) Class: 2014
|#16 Overall, #1 DualQB, #3 GA, 88 Grade||#31 Overall, #1 DualQB, #2 GA||#3 QB||#81 Overall, #2 DualQB, #6 GA, 96 Grade|
Deshaun Watson finished his high school career with 13,077 career passing yards (state record), 218 career touchdowns
As a junior, Watson has records in career total touchdowns with 155, career passing yards with 9,360 and career passing scores with 108. He helped Gainesville to its first ever state title, culminating in a 49-13 defeat of Ware County in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Watson also became just the second player in GHSA history to throw 50 touchdowns in a season and the third to throw for over 4,000 yards in a season (4,011).
As a sophomore, Watson was 200-of-327 passing for 2,914 yards and 39 touchdowns with six interceptions. He rushed for 943 yards and 14 touchdowns on 140 carries. As a freshman, Watson recorded 1,759 yards passing and 17 touchdowns throughout the entire 10-game regular season and added 485 yards rushing and four scores.
Watson gained a great feel for the Tigers’ program this fall when he was a guest at five of the Tigers’ home games in 2011. He took an unofficial visit to Clemson for Elite Junior Day in Jan. 2012.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Rahshuan Smith sets three official visits
- 5-star DT to visit Clemson on Saturday
- 4-star DT to take official visit to Clemson
- Reeves discusses commitment to Clemson, star rankings
- 4-star QB had great visit to Clemson
- WATCH: Feaster with impressive game on ESPNU
- Clemson DB target sets announcement date
- Powell has huge game in 56-44 road win
- 4-star SF to take official visit to Clemson
- Zerrick Cooper wins POTW award