|Elite WR commits to Clemson|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 30, 2014 3:11 PM||
Deon Cain - WR
Height: 6-2 Weight: 200 Hometown: Tampa, FL (Tampa Bay Tech HS) Class: 2015
|#25 Overall, #2 WR, #9 FL, 89 Grade||#4 WR, #17 Overall||#7 WR, #46 Overall, #3 FL WR||#14 Overall, #1 WR, #6 FL, 98 Grade|
4-star wide receiver Deon Cain Deon Cain
View Full Profile has committed to Clemson during a ceremony at his school. He is a high 4-star recruit by all the major recruiting services.
The 6-1, 190-pound prospect chose Clemson over the other finalists: Georgia, Florida, LSU and Tennesee.
Other offers included Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, UCF and USF. Only LSU offered Cain as a quarterback.
Cain is ranked as the No. 57 player nationally in the ESPN 300, and is ranked as the fifth-best receiver in the nation. He is also listed as the No. 13 player out of the state of Florida.
He is the second receiver picked up for the 2015 cycle, along with Shadell Bell Shadell Bell
View Full Profile. As a wide receiver, he has good hands with a tremendous vertical leap and has the speed and agility required for the position.
Cain completed 49 percent of his 245 pass attempts in 2013, throwing for 1,945 yards, 13 touchdowns and seven interceptions and 731 yards rushing with 4 additional touchdowns. For his high school career, he had 3590 total passsing yards, 23 TD passes, 13 INTs, 963 rush yards and 7 rush TDs.
Clemson offered Cain back on 12/11/13. Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott were the main recruiters that helped land Cain.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- 5-star DT to visit Clemson on Saturday
- Rahshuan Smith sets three official visits
- WATCH: Feaster with impressive game on ESPNU
- Reeves discusses commitment to Clemson, star rankings
- Clemson DB target sets announcement date
- Powell has huge game in 56-44 road win
- Xavier Kelly almost chose basketball over football
- 4-star SF to take official visit to Clemson
- Zerrick Cooper wins POTW award
- WATCH: Cooper discusses coming back from ACL injury