|Chad Smith on his invite to 'The Opening'|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:12 AM-||
Chad Smith - OLB
Height: 6-4 Weight: 215 Hometown: Sterling, VA (Dominion HS) Class: 2015
|#19 OLB, #10 VA, #290 Overall, 80 Grade||#4 OLB, #48 Overall, #2 VA||#49 OLB||#14 OLB, #8 VA, #191 Overall, 93 Grade|
Clemson 2015 linebacker commit Chad Smith Chad Smith
View Full Profile was invited last Friday to the "The Opening" football Camp. “The Opening” presented by Student Sports, is four days of dynamic competition for the nation's most elite high school football prospects.
Smith told the Washington Post that he was shocked by the news of the invite.
“I was really happy, to put it mildly,” Smith said. “I was speechless at first. I couldn’t believe what I said would happen last year actually happened. And to actually fulfill what I said was awesome, and I was really excited."
He also went on to say that he will not shy away from the competition at the camp.
“I know I’m going up there as an underrated guy and not really well known, I want to prove I’m one of best linebackers in the nation,” Smith said. “I want to prove that I should be in conservation as one of the best if not the best. And what better way to prove it.”
As a junior, Smith had 94 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, and 6 sacks. He will be visiting Clemson for the Dabo Swinney football camp on June 14-15.
View more information on this prospect: TigerNet's Chad Smith Recruiting Profile
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson QB target sets decision date
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's 2017 team recruiting ranking
- Clemson commit earns Opening invite
- Monte Lee, Clemson pick up 2016 commit
- Clemson offers in-state 2019 target
- 4-star safety has Clemson in top group
- Clemson in top two for 4-star 2018 ATH
- Clemson offers 4-star 2017 safety
- Clemson offers in-state 2018 OL
- Clemson offers 3-star 2017 safety