|Chad Smith on his invite to 'The Opening'|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:12 AM||
Chad Smith - OLB
Height: 6-4 Weight: 215 Hometown: Sterling, VA (Dominion HS) Class: 2015
|#24 OLB, #13 VA, 80 Grade||#11 OLB, #180 Overall, #9 VA||#54 OLB||#14 LB, #9 VA, 93 Grade|
Clemson 2015 linebacker commit Chad Smith Chad Smith
View Full Profile was invited last Friday to the "The Opening" football Camp. “The Opening” presented by Student Sports, is four days of dynamic competition for the nation's most elite high school football prospects.
Smith told the Washington Post that he was shocked by the news of the invite.
“I was really happy, to put it mildly,” Smith said. “I was speechless at first. I couldn’t believe what I said would happen last year actually happened. And to actually fulfill what I said was awesome, and I was really excited."
He also went on to say that he will not shy away from the competition at the camp.
“I know I’m going up there as an underrated guy and not really well known, I want to prove I’m one of best linebackers in the nation,” Smith said. “I want to prove that I should be in conservation as one of the best if not the best. And what better way to prove it.”
As a junior, Smith had 94 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, and 6 sacks. He will be visiting Clemson for the Dabo Swinney football camp on June 14-15.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Elite DE picks Clemson
- Clemson DB target decommits from SC
- Clemson DB target to announce on Thursday
- Clemson commit wins defensive MVP of North-South game
- Clemson OL target to announce on Friday
- In-state outfielder commits to Clemson
- Clemson WR commit gets All-Star invite
- Tucker Israel finishes 2nd place in Mr. Football
- DB target signs with Virginia Tech
- Photo: Swinney visits Clemson TE commit