|Two Clemson Signees Among Five Finalists for Watkins Award|
|Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:05 PM-||
Chris Register - OLB
Height: 6-4 Weight: 210 Hometown: Greensboro, NC (Dudley HS) Class: 2014
|#28 OLB, #15 NC, 81 Grade||#22 OLB, #14 NC||#9 OLB||#150 Overall, #11 OLB, #7 NC, 92 Grade|
Clemson, SC — Clemson 2014 freshmen Chris Register and Richard Yeargin are two of the five finalists for the Watkins Award. The honor is given by the National Alliance of African American Athletes each year and will be presented this weekend in Washington, DC.
The Watkins Award gives recognition to an exceptional male African American student-athlete who has set an example to promote high academic standards and commitment to community service.
Register, a native of Browns Summit, NC, enrolled at Clemson in January and is currently a freshman on Dabo Swinney’s Tiger football team. Yeargin, a native of Lauderdale Lakes, FL, will enroll at Clemson this summer.
The other finalists are Tony Brown of Beaumont, TX, who signed with Alabama; Zavier Carmichael of Eight Mile, AL, who signed with Duke; and Robert Okereke, Santa Ana, CA, who signed with Stanford.
Previous winners of the award that dates to 1992 include Myron Rolle of Florida State (2006), Darius Walker of Notre Dame (2004) and Ronald Curry of North Carolina (1998).
View more information on this prospect: TigerNet's Chris Register Recruiting Profile
- Clemson QB target sets decision date
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's 2017 team recruiting ranking
- Clemson commit earns Opening invite
- Monte Lee, Clemson pick up 2016 commit
- Clemson offers in-state 2019 target
- 4-star safety has Clemson in top group
- Clemson in top two for 4-star 2018 ATH
- Clemson offers 4-star 2017 safety
- Clemson offers in-state 2018 OL
- Clemson offers 3-star 2017 safety