|Elite WR commits to Clemson|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 30, 2014 3:11 PM||
Deon Cain - ATH
Height: 6-2 Weight: 200 Hometown: Tampa, FL (Tampa Bay Tech HS) Class: 2015
|#32 Overall, #4 ATH, #8 FL, 87 Grade||#17 WR, #151 Overall||#11 WR, #111 Overall||#17 Overall, #1 WR, #6 FL, 97 Grade|
4-star wide receiver Deon Cain Deon Cain
View Full Profile has committed to Clemson during a ceremony at his school. He is a high 4-star recruit by all the major recruiting services.
The 6-1, 190-pound prospect chose Clemson over the other finalists: Georgia, Florida, LSU and Tennesee.
Other offers included Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, UCF and USF. Only LSU offered Cain as a quarterback.
Cain is ranked as the No. 57 player nationally in the ESPN 300, and is ranked as the fifth-best receiver in the nation. He is also listed as the No. 13 player out of the state of Florida.
He is the second receiver picked up for the 2015 cycle, along with Shadell Bell Shadell Bell
View Full Profile. As a wide receiver, he has good hands with a tremendous vertical leap and has the speed and agility required for the position.
Cain completed 49 percent of his 245 pass attempts in 2013, throwing for 1,945 yards, 13 touchdowns and seven interceptions and 731 yards rushing with 4 additional touchdowns. For his high school career, he had 3590 total passsing yards, 23 TD passes, 13 INTs, 963 rush yards and 7 rush TDs.
Clemson offered Cain back on 12/11/13. Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott were the main recruiters that helped land Cain.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- "Decision was mutual" between Briscoe and Clemson
- Nation's top CB to visit Clemson
- Clemson drops in latest ESPN recruiting rankings
- Clemson commit says visit was awesome
- Clemson offers LSU commit
- Clemson offers Virginia Tech 2015 commit
- Deon Cain Vs. Ray Ray McCloud in "Clemson Bound 2"
- Photo Gallery - Clemson commits at GSU game
- Friday night stats from Clemson commits
- WATCH: Mitch Hyatt discusses Clemson, his skill set, etc