|Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:13 AM||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top four ACC rookies that might win the upcoming offensive rookie of the year for the conference. The following players were included - Kevin Olsen, Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile and Elijah Hood.
Another quarterback, you say? Well, let's face it: No one gets the opportunities to impact games the way signal-callers do. Watson, unlike the previous two quarterbacks mentioned, is an actual true freshman, having enrolled this spring. Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile's dismissal from the team made Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile the starter for Week 1, but it's clear Watson -- ESPN's No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 2014 class -- is the future of the program. How soon that future comes could determine his contention for rookie of the year honors.
Watson is currently in second place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll at 23% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event