|Will Alexander win ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year?|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 13, 2014 8:49 AM||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top four ACC rookies that might win the upcoming defensive rookie of the year for the conference. The following players were included - MacKensie Alexander, Andre Brown, Quin Blanding and Keith Bryant.
The No. 2 cornerback and No. 4 player overall in the Class of 2013, Alexander was forced to redshirt last season after suffering a groin injury in fall camp. The five-star prospect might have been good enough to start from Day 1, but he should get that chance this fall on a defense that might be as good as any in the league. A veteran line up front should only create more opportunities for Alexander to make a name for himself early.
Alexander is currently in 1st place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll at 36% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event