|Will Alexander win ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year?|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, June 13, 2014 8:49 AM-||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top four ACC rookies that might win the upcoming defensive rookie of the year for the conference. The following players were included - MacKensie Alexander, Andre Brown, Quin Blanding and Keith Bryant.
The No. 2 cornerback and No. 4 player overall in the Class of 2013, Alexander was forced to redshirt last season after suffering a groin injury in fall camp. The five-star prospect might have been good enough to start from Day 1, but he should get that chance this fall on a defense that might be as good as any in the league. A veteran line up front should only create more opportunities for Alexander to make a name for himself early.
Alexander is currently in 1st place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll at 36% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me