|Will Alexander win ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year?|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, June 13, 2014 8:49 AM||
ESPN's Matt Fortuna has released his top four ACC rookies that might win the upcoming defensive rookie of the year for the conference. The following players were included - MacKensie Alexander, Andre Brown, Quin Blanding and Keith Bryant.
The No. 2 cornerback and No. 4 player overall in the Class of 2013, Alexander was forced to redshirt last season after suffering a groin injury in fall camp. The five-star prospect might have been good enough to start from Day 1, but he should get that chance this fall on a defense that might be as good as any in the league. A veteran line up front should only create more opportunities for Alexander to make a name for himself early.
Alexander is currently in 1st place in the ESPN SportsNation Poll at 36% of the votes.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"