|Wilkerson earns ACC Co-Player-of-the-Week Honors|
|Monday, March 31, 2014 5:56 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Senior infielder Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile was named ACC Co-Player-of-the-Week on Monday. He joined Virginia sophomore outfielder Joe McCarthy as ACC Co-Player-of-the-Week, while Florida State junior Luke Weaver received ACC Pitcher-of-the-Week honors.
Wilkerson led the Tigers to a 3-0 record (all games on the road against Georgia (1) and No. 25 Maryland (2)) on the week by going 6-for-11 (.545) with five doubles, one homer, a 1.273 slugging percentage, three RBIs, four runs, one walk, a .583 on-base percentage, one steal and no errors in 18 chances at second base, including several spectacular defensive plays to rob opponents of hits, in only three games. All six of his hits went for extra bases.
Wilkerson went 2-for-3 with two doubles and a walk in Clemson's 16-4 win at Georgia on Tuesday, then went 4-for-8 with three doubles and a homer in Clemson's two-game sweep at No. 25 Maryland over the weekend.
In the first game of the Maryland series with the score tied 1-1 in the ninth inning, he led off with a double and scored the go-ahead run in Clemson's 3-1 victory. In the second game of the series, he went 3-for-4 with two doubles and a three-run homer in the first inning in the Tigers' 7-1 win.
On the season, he is hitting .333 with 10 doubles, one triple, three homers, a .603 slugging percentage, 14 RBIs, 19 runs, a .402 on-base percentage and four steals in 23 games.
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson