|Wilkerson, Campbell selected on Day 2 of Draft|
CLEMSON, S.C. - Senior infielder Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile (Roswell, Ga.) and senior righthander Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile (Alpharetta, Ga.) were selected on the second day of the draft Friday. Wilkerson was chosen in the eighth round (No. 241 overall pick) by the Baltimore Orioles, while Campbell was selected in the ninth round (No. 279 overall pick) by the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Wilkerson, the first Tiger drafted by the Orioles since 2006 (Jason Berken), led or tied for the 2014 team lead in doubles (18), homers (6), RBIs (42), total bases (103) and slugging percentage (.502). He also hit .317 with eight steals on the season. The three-time Second-Team All-ACC selection had 216 hits, 47 doubles, six triples, 11 homers, 115 RBIs and 29 steals in 216 career games (185 starts) over four seasons.
Campbell, the first Tiger chosen by the Dodgers since 2011 (Jeff SchausJeff Schaus
#3 6-1, 205
View Full Profile), had a 4-0 record, eight saves, an 0.84 ERA and a .144 opponents' batting average along with 45 strikeouts in 32.0 innings pitched over 25 relief appearances in 2014. In 108.2 innings pitched over 78 relief appearances in his four-year career, he had a 7-3 record, 19 saves and a 2.73 ERA while allowing 66 hits (.175 opponents' batting average) with 134 strikeouts. He is second in Tiger history in career hits per nine innings pitched (5.47), second in strikeouts per nine innings pitched (11.10), third in saves and tied for fourth in relief appearances.
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- Muschamp on 56-7 loss: "We got whipped"
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Virginia Tech