|Whitehurst loses jersey number in an arm wrestling contest|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-28 09:11:12.0-||
Former Clemson quarterback Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern on Tuesday for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
Whitehurst had worn the #6 jersey for 13 straight years from his days at Clemson, San Diego and Seattle. His new NFL jersey number is #12.
For his career, Whitehurst has completed 84 of 155 passes for 805 yards and three touchdowns. Whitehurst has made an estimated $85,000 per NFL pass attempt during his NFL career.
He was drafted by the Chargers in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.
Instagram description: Arm-wrestled the punter for #6 and lost #itwasagoodrun6 #13years
Just for kicks (and Whitehurst tribute), here is a glorious video of Sylvester Stallone arm-wrestling in 'Over the Top'. Lincoln Hawk (Stallone) is a struggling trucker who arm wrestles on the side to make extra cash while trying to rebuild his life.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season