|Whitehurst loses jersey number in an arm wrestling contest|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:11 AM||
Former Clemson quarterback Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern on Tuesday for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
Whitehurst had worn the #6 jersey for 13 straight years from his days at Clemson, San Diego and Seattle. His new NFL jersey number is #12.
For his career, Whitehurst has completed 84 of 155 passes for 805 yards and three touchdowns. Whitehurst has made an estimated $85,000 per NFL pass attempt during his NFL career.
He was drafted by the Chargers in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.
Instagram description: Arm-wrestled the punter for #6 and lost #itwasagoodrun6 #13years
Just for kicks (and Whitehurst tribute), here is a glorious video of Sylvester Stallone arm-wrestling in 'Over the Top'. Lincoln Hawk (Stallone) is a struggling trucker who arm wrestles on the side to make extra cash while trying to rebuild his life.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"