|Whitehurst loses jersey number in an arm wrestling contest|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:11 AM-||
Former Clemson quarterback Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile lost an arm wrestling match against Titans' punter Brett Kern on Tuesday for the right to wear the #6 jersey for their team.
Whitehurst had worn the #6 jersey for 13 straight years from his days at Clemson, San Diego and Seattle. His new NFL jersey number is #12.
For his career, Whitehurst has completed 84 of 155 passes for 805 yards and three touchdowns. Whitehurst has made an estimated $85,000 per NFL pass attempt during his NFL career.
He was drafted by the Chargers in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.
Instagram description: Arm-wrestled the punter for #6 and lost #itwasagoodrun6 #13years
Just for kicks (and Whitehurst tribute), here is a glorious video of Sylvester Stallone arm-wrestling in 'Over the Top'. Lincoln Hawk (Stallone) is a struggling trucker who arm wrestles on the side to make extra cash while trying to rebuild his life.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game