|Wednesday's Clemson Football Practice Report|
|Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:47 PM-||
Clemson, S.C.— Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney said after practice that freshman wide receiver Kyrin PriesterKyrin Priester
Fr. Wide Receiver
#17 6-1, 186
View Full Profile is no longer with the team. Priester, who entered Clemson in January as a true freshman, played on special teams in the opener against Georgia.
“Kyrin Priester has been dismissed from the team for an attitude that is not acceptable to our standards,” said Swinney.
Swinney also said after practice that graduate cornerback Martin JenkinsMartin Jenkins
RS Sr. Cornerback
#14 5-9, 185
View Full Profile was doubtful for Saturday’s game against South Carolina State due to an ankle injury. Jenkins scored his only career touchdown against South Carolina State last year on a 52-yard interception return.
Clemson’s head coach said the Tigers have had a good week of practice so far. “It has been a good Tuesday and Wednesday practice. We have had their attention. Last year we made a lot of mistakes against Georgia, but we won the game and it was hard to get their attention. I looked in my notes from last year and I wrote that we had a bad practice on Tuesday.
“This year we have had two good practices after playing Georgia.”
Swinney also said that he is looking forward to the return of David BeasleyDavid Beasley
RS Sr. Offensive Guard
#68 6-4, 323
View Full Profile, Corey CrawfordCorey Crawford
Sr. Defensive End
#93 6-5, 276
View Full Profile and Garry PetersGarry Peters
RS Sr. Cornerback
#26 6-0, 194
View Full Profile who were suspended for the season opener. “They have had a good week of practice and had a good attitude. They have had a good attitude through this process.” All three will see significant playing time on Saturday.
Swinney finished his meeting with the media by talking about senior Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
Sr. Defensive Tackle
#50 6-1, 290
View Full Profile. “If all the players were like Grady Jarrett I would be out here in a rocking chair, just watching. “
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs