|Watkins has not submitted his NFL draft paperwork|
|Staff Writer - Monday, December 30, 2013 10:03 AM-||
"In the back of my head I know what I want to do," Watkins said. "The coaches know what I want to do. But as a player and a leader, we want to wait until after the game. I don't want the focus on me and everything just coming down to an end. We definitely want to wait until after the game."
Not turning in his paperwork isn't a big deal - he said he already has an idea where he would land in the draft.
"I didn’t even turn in [the paperwork] for my grade. The coaches said that you will be somewhere in the Top 15 of the first round. I talk to those guys all of the time and they said that there is no reason to. They told me that if I decide to leave that I will leave on a good note and if I decide to stay, they will welcome me back. For me, it wasn't really about getting a grade. If I’m going to enter the NFL, I’m just going to enter it. We definitely talk and joke about it. They definitely back me up 100-percent, whatever I decide to do."
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits