|Watkins has not submitted his NFL draft paperwork|
|by Nikki Hood - Staff Writer - Monday, December 30, 2013 10:03 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile told TigerNet this morning that he had not submitted his draft paperwork to the NFL.
"In the back of my head I know what I want to do," Watkins said. "The coaches know what I want to do. But as a player and a leader, we want to wait until after the game. I don't want the focus on me and everything just coming down to an end. We definitely want to wait until after the game."
Not turning in his paperwork isn't a big deal - he said he already has an idea where he would land in the draft.
"I didn’t even turn in [the paperwork] for my grade. The coaches said that you will be somewhere in the Top 15 of the first round. I talk to those guys all of the time and they said that there is no reason to. They told me that if I decide to leave that I will leave on a good note and if I decide to stay, they will welcome me back. For me, it wasn't really about getting a grade. If I’m going to enter the NFL, I’m just going to enter it. We definitely talk and joke about it. They definitely back me up 100-percent, whatever I decide to do."
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement
- Swinney says defense has work to do to "get some guys ready to play"