|Watkins hopes Tampa Bay will draft him|
Former Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile said in a radio interview with CBS Tampa Bay's Booger & Rich show on Friday that he would consider it a blessing for Tampa Bay to draft him in May's NFL draft. Tampa Bay currently has the 7th overall pick in the draft.
"That would be a blessing come true," Watkins said in the interview. "I'm from Florida so if Tampa Bay would draft me that would be an honor. That would be something that I would hope happens because just being in my hometown and being from Florida it would definitely be a blessing."
At this point, Watkins said he has no idea who will be drafting him but he grew up rooting for all the Florida teams.
"Me personally I love any Florida team," Watkins said.
While Watkins would like to stay home in the NFL, Clemson fans are glad that he didn't mind going out of state when it came time to pick a school to play college football.
"I didn't want to go to Florida or Florida State," Watkins said. "They were already pretty good. I'm not saying I was shying away from competition. I wanted to go to a program and change it. I think when I came here to Clemson and the 20 other freshman we changed Clemson to an 11-2 season and ACC Championship."
Click here to listen to the full interview.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!