WATCH: Preview of Fox Sports' special on Kevin Dodd
ATLANTA (May 17, 2016) -- A new episode of FOX Sports South's Emmy Award-winning original programming series DRIVEN -- Kevin Dodd's Draft Journey presented by Toyota debuts Friday, May 20, at 10:30 p.m. ET. The show will also be available on FOX Sports GO (FOXSportsGo.com), a free app that provides live streaming video of content televised on FOX Sports South through select programming distributors.
DRIVEN -- Kevin Dodd's Draft Journey gives a candid, first-person account of Dodd's journey from the conclusion of his final season at Clemson to the NFL Draft, where the defensive end was selected in the second round, 33rd overall, by the Tennessee Titans.
FOX Sports South was granted exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Dodd's journey; beginning with the day he made the decision to enter the draft. Among the highlights from Dodd's draft experience:
• Selecting an agency, and subsequent signing with Atlanta-based Element Sports.
• Working with Joe Don Reames at TNT Sports Training in South Carolina while finishing his degree at Clemson.
• Meeting with former NFL defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell for training sessions and film studies.
• Working out at the NFL Combine and Clemson's Pro Day.
"I expect to go in there [the NFL] and work, I'm going to act like I'm a free agent," said Dodd. "The odds have always been against me, and I've always had to work for everything I've had, it won't change in the NFL."
Dodd didn't start playing football until his junior season at Riverside High School in Greer, South Carolina. He credits the support he received at Riverside High as the foundation for the success, not just in football, but in life. Dodd played in 24 games as a reserve player at Clemson before becoming a starter during his junior season. Dodd's breakout 2015 campaign included a stellar performance in the National Championship Game with three sacks and five tackles for a loss. After the season, the Clemson coaching staff agreed it was time for Dodd to take his game to the NFL, and they all credited his growth on and off the field to his maturity and patience.
"Coming into 2015, nobody outside our program knew anything about Kevin Dodd, but we did," said Clemson football head coach Dabo Swinney. "Everyone in our building knew that he was out to prove that he was as good as anybody that's been through here."
In addition to extensive interviews with Dodd, Swinney and Cottrell, DRIVEN will feature exclusive dialogue from former coaches and NFL Draft analysts, including:
• Brent Venables -- Clemson football defensive coordinator
• Joel Klatt -- Fox Sports NFL Draft analyst
• Peter Schrager -- Fox Sports NFL Draft analyst
• Mike Mayock -- NFL Network NFL Draft analyst
• Charles Davis -- NFL Network NFL Draft analyst