|WATCH: Google Business View for Death Valley|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:21 AM||
Video courtesy: Clemson FB
Video description: Clemson Athletics has announced a partnership with Google to provide the 360-degree, comprehensive Business View technology for legendary Memorial Stadium. With the new technology, Clemson becomes the first college athletic department to provide a comprehensive Google Business View facility tour to its fans and recruits.
By searching “Clemson Death Valley” on Google Maps, you now have the option to “See Inside” the Clemson football stadium and tour private areas like the WestZone offices, weight room and player lounges. If you're thinking about coming to a game, you can walk the seating bowl and see views of the field from their seat. In total, more than 4,000 images are included in the tour.
“We want to stay on the cutting edge with innovative technologies that help show off the amazing facilities we have here and bring our fans and recruits closer to our programs,” said Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich. “The opportunity to partner with Google and have this virtual tour of Death Valley is an exciting development for our football program.”
Google Street View technology was first introduced in 2007 and features panoramic views in a navigable tour. The technology was expanded to interiors of small-scale business facilities in 2012 and Clemson’s Death Valley is one of the first large-scale facilities to be included in the program.
Though the tour is live now, Google photography partners “We Shot That” from Greenville will re-shoot many areas including the field and locker rooms during the week of the first 2014 home game. Updates will be promoted through Clemson social media outlets and ClemsonTigers.com.
- Photo: New Chrome Orange Helmets for Clemson?
- Grady Jarrett's house burns down during draft
- Clemson, Tennessee battle over who is 'WRU'
- WATCH: Beasley's mom sends heartfelt message to her son
- Photo: Nancy O'Dell wears Clemson shirt on TV
- Stoudt signs free agent contract
- WATCH: Clemson Hype Video - The Locker Room
- Steward drafted #188 overall in 2015 NFL Draft
- Vic Beasley drafted #8 overall in 2015 NFL Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Hype Video - The New WRU