|WATCH: Clemson's Centennial Oak Tree|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, August 11, 2014 4:20 PM||
The official Clemson University Youtube channel posted a video of its famous Centennial Bur Oak that resides on campus.
Video description (courtesy Clemson University): The Clemson Centennial Bur Oak is a campus landmark and favorite meeting place for many in the Clemson Family. The Centennial Bur Oak is the largest tree on the campus with massive branches and a circumference of 15 feet. The tree was named the Centennial Bur Oak when Clemson celebrated 100 years of existence in 1989. It is believed that this tree was a sapling when Thomas Green Clemson in 1883 willed his land for a college. The tree is the largest bur oak in South Carolina and has been protected over the years by the landscape services department. The tree has been cited in the 2009 University Preservation Master Plan and the book, “The Nature of Clemson: A Field Guide to the Natural History of Clemson University.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement
- Swinney says defense has work to do to "get some guys ready to play"