|WATCH: Clemson's Centennial Oak Tree|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, August 11, 2014 4:20 PM-||
The official Clemson University Youtube channel posted a video of its famous Centennial Bur Oak that resides on campus.
Video description (courtesy Clemson University): The Clemson Centennial Bur Oak is a campus landmark and favorite meeting place for many in the Clemson Family. The Centennial Bur Oak is the largest tree on the campus with massive branches and a circumference of 15 feet. The tree was named the Centennial Bur Oak when Clemson celebrated 100 years of existence in 1989. It is believed that this tree was a sapling when Thomas Green Clemson in 1883 willed his land for a college. The tree is the largest bur oak in South Carolina and has been protected over the years by the landscape services department. The tree has been cited in the 2009 University Preservation Master Plan and the book, “The Nature of Clemson: A Field Guide to the Natural History of Clemson University.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks