|Vic Beasley ranked #2 ACC Player by ESPN|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 1, 2014 9:32 AM||
Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile is ranked #2 player in ESPN's preseason countdown of the top 25 players in the ACC.
As a junior, Beasley had 23 tackles for loss and 13 sacks and was a consensus first-team All-American.
Beasley could have left school early for the NFL draft after a monster 2013, in which he had 13 sacks and 23 tackles for loss to rank as one of the best in the nation. But he decided to return to anchor what could be one of the best defensive lines in the country. Beasley is not that much bigger than a year ago, but he has worked on dropping back into coverage along with fine-tuning his pass-rushing skills to be even better this season. Clemson expects him to be, especially since the Tigers will be relying on Beasley and the defense to set the tone.
Two other Tigers made the cut - LB Stephone AnthonyStephone Anthony
#42 6-2, 235
View Full Profile (#21 overall) and DT Grady JarrettGrady Jarrett
Sr. Defensive Tackle
#50 6-1, 290
View Full Profile (#22 overall).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Clemson-SC game has an official name
- Deshaun Watson Sunday injury update
- Swinney gives update on Watson on his call-in show
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-SC
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Comedian Kevin Hart coming to Clemson
- Morris on playing Watson against South Carolina