|Two Tigers ranked in Top 20 of NFL Running Backs|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 1, 2014 4:29 PM||
Former Clemson standout running backs C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile and Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
Running Back (2008 - 2012)
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile was ranked in Cover32.com's Top 20 running backs in the NFL.
C.J. Spiller was ranked #19 while Andre Ellington followed right behind him at #20 on the ranked list.
Ellington might be the best-kept secret in the NFL, as he led the league last year with a jaw-dropping 5.5 yards per carry. The sample size might have been small (just 118 attempts), but that number catches your eye. And guess what? It’s only going to go up. The Cardinals top back, Rashard Mendenhall, retired at just 26 years old this offseason, meaning Ellington will have a chance to be the feature back and build on a successful rookie season.
Pic of Andre Ellington running down the Hill on Senior Day.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies