|Two Tigers projected in 1st round of McShay's 2017 Mock Draft 3.0|
|Assoc. Editor - 2017-03-15 13:45:55.0-||
ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay has released his 2017 NFL Mock Draft 3.0 on Wednesday and two Clemson players were listed in the first round with quarterback Deshaun Watson and wide receiver Mike Williams.
McShay had Watson projected to the San Francisco 49ers with the #12nd overall selection and the first quarterback taken. His projections have been over the place as he had Watson projected as a Day 2 Pick in a Mock Draft last year.
"I'm not convinced Cleveland will use this pick on a quarterback, but it would make some sense, especially after landing Garrett at No. 1 overall," McShay said. "Watson will need time adjust to a pro-style system, but he has the tools to grow into a good starter in the NFL if developed and utilized properly."
In 2016, Watson completed 388 passes out of 579 attempts for 4593 yards and 41 passing touchdowns with 17 interceptions (and his degree) for an adjusted QBR of 84.9.
The ESPN draft analyst had Williams projected to the Tennessee Titans with the #18th overall selection and the third wide receiver taken behind Corey Davis and John Ross.
"I'll be at Clemson's pro day on Thursday, and I'm interested to see what Williams runs in the 40-yard dash after sitting out the drill at the combine," McShay said. "On tape, he shows great hands and the ability to win contested catches. The one remaining question is: What's his true top-end speed? Running a 4.55 or better would be a win for Williams."
In 2016, Williams had 98 receptions for 1361 yards and 11 touchdowns. He had 177 catches for 2727 yards and 21 touchdowns (and his degree) during his impressive collegiate career at Clemson.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson throwing for Jon Gruden's QB Camp