|Travis Blanks might redshirt this season|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 15, 2014 12:41 PM||
Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
#11 6-0, 210
View Full Profile came to him earlier in the week with the idea to possibly red-shirt this season. The coaching staff will try to hold Blanks the first six or seven weeks and see how it goes. Swinney said it will be a "wait and see" approach to his injury situation.
Swinney said: "Again that is 100 percent coming from him. It isn't even anything we've thought about. We need him and we were getting him ready to go play. He is just a kid that thinks that way. Instead of getting him ready and going into it and us playing him and then trying to make a decision there and losing a year, we want him to feel a hundred percent."
Also, Swinney said that the coaching staff has had discussions on who will or won't redshirt but they are not ready to make any final decisions just yet.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- C.J. Spiller will not be returning to the Bills
- Clemson 2015 Pro Day Updates
- Venables: "I would have stayed for a lot less"
- Report: Spiller turned down $4.5 million from Bills
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab
- ESPN ranks Watson #2 intriguing ACC figure