|Travis Blanks might redshirt this season|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 15, 2014 12:41 PM||
Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
#11 6-0, 210
View Full Profile came to him earlier in the week with the idea to possibly red-shirt this season. The coaching staff will try to hold Blanks the first six or seven weeks and see how it goes. Swinney said it will be a "wait and see" approach to his injury situation.
Swinney said: "Again that is 100 percent coming from him. It isn't even anything we've thought about. We need him and we were getting him ready to go play. He is just a kid that thinks that way. Instead of getting him ready and going into it and us playing him and then trying to make a decision there and losing a year, we want him to feel a hundred percent."
Also, Swinney said that the coaching staff has had discussions on who will or won't redshirt but they are not ready to make any final decisions just yet.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec