|Travis Blanks might redshirt this season|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 15, 2014 12:41 PM||
Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
#11 6-0, 210
View Full Profile came to him earlier in the week with the idea to possibly red-shirt this season. The coaching staff will try to hold Blanks the first six or seven weeks and see how it goes. Swinney said it will be a "wait and see" approach to his injury situation.
Swinney said: "Again that is 100 percent coming from him. It isn't even anything we've thought about. We need him and we were getting him ready to go play. He is just a kid that thinks that way. Instead of getting him ready and going into it and us playing him and then trying to make a decision there and losing a year, we want him to feel a hundred percent."
Also, Swinney said that the coaching staff has had discussions on who will or won't redshirt but they are not ready to make any final decisions just yet.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Report: Former Clemson DT to sign with Bears