|Travis Blanks might redshirt this season|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 15, 2014 12:41 PM||
Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
#11 6-0, 210
View Full Profile came to him earlier in the week with the idea to possibly red-shirt this season. The coaching staff will try to hold Blanks the first six or seven weeks and see how it goes. Swinney said it will be a "wait and see" approach to his injury situation.
Swinney said: "Again that is 100 percent coming from him. It isn't even anything we've thought about. We need him and we were getting him ready to go play. He is just a kid that thinks that way. Instead of getting him ready and going into it and us playing him and then trying to make a decision there and losing a year, we want him to feel a hundred percent."
Also, Swinney said that the coaching staff has had discussions on who will or won't redshirt but they are not ready to make any final decisions just yet.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement