|Tigers open ACC Baseball Tournament with win over Duke|
GREENSBORO, N.C. - Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile's two-out, two-run double in the fifth inning gave Clemson the lead for good in its 5-3 victory over Duke in the ACC Tournament at NewBridge Bank Park on Wednesday. The Tigers, who improved to 1-0 in the tourney, upped their record to 35-22, while the Blue Devils, who fell to 0-1 in the tournament, dropped to 32-24.
Duke took a 2-0 lead in the second inning on Ryan Deitrich's two-out, two-run homer, his eighth long ball of the year. After Clemson scored a run in the fourth inning on Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile's run-scoring single, one-out singles by Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile and Weston WilsonWeston Wilson
#8 6-3, 195
High Point, NC
View Full Profile in the fifth inning set up Krieger's two-run double down the right-field line to give the Tigers a 3-2 lead. Clemson added two runs in the ninth inning on Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's two-run single.
Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (8-5) earned the win by allowing just five hits, two runs and one walk with a career-high-tying nine strikeouts in 7.2 innings pitched. Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile recorded the last out to register his eighth save of the season. Duke starter Michael Matuella (1-3) suffered the loss, as he gave up three runs on eight hits in 6.2 innings pitched.
The Tigers play No. 1 seed Miami (Fla.) on Thursday at 7 p.m. on RSN and ESPN3. Clemson is the designated home team and will occupy the third-base dugout.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny