|Tigers take game two at Pittsburgh|
|Staff Writer - 2014-04-19 17:28:43.0-||
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Junior righthander Daniel Gossett tossed a three-hit shutout in No. 20 Clemson’s 3-0 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (24-14, 12-7 ACC) took a 2-0 lead in the series against the Panthers (16-22, 8-12 ACC).
Gossett (5-0) gave up just three singles and one walk with seven strikeouts, while he did not allow a runner past second base and only allowed one past first base. It was Gossett’s second career shutout, as he tossed a five-hit shutout against Duke in Clemson’s 7-0 win on March 22, 2013. Panther starter T.J. Zeuch (1-3) suffered the loss despite allowing just three runs on three hits in a career-long 8.0 innings pitched.
The Tigers scored three runs in the first inning after loading the bases with no outs. Steven Duggar’s groundout plated Tyler Slaton, then Steve Wilkerson blooped a two-out single to center to score Tyler Krieger and Garrett Boulware.
The series concludes Sunday at noon on ESPN3.
|Send Feedback to Nikki Hood: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!