|Tigers take game one against No. 15 Wolfpack|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Saturday, April 5, 2014 3:35 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile allowed just one run on three hits in 8.0 innings pitched to lead No. 15 Clemson to a 6-1 victory over NC State at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Clemson (20-9, 9-3 ACC), who upped its winning streak to six, took a 1-0 series lead over NC State (17-12, 3-10 ACC), who lost its 10th ACC contest in a row.
Crownover (6-2) earned the win by giving up just three hits, one run and two walks with seven strikeouts. Wolfpack starter Carlos Rodon (2-5) suffered the loss in a complete-game effort.
The Wolfpack took a 1-0 lead with a run in the top of the fourth inning before the Tigers answered with two runs in the bottom of the fourth on two-out, run-scoring singles by Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile and Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile to take the lead for good. Clemson added one run in the sixth inning and three runs in the eighth inning. All six Tiger runs scored with two outs.
The series continues Sunday at 3 p.m. on ESPNU. It is Social Sunday, as fans who show their coupon on Twitter or Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball can receive a 16 oz. drink for $2.
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"