|Tigers take game one against No. 15 Wolfpack|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Saturday, April 5, 2014 3:35 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile allowed just one run on three hits in 8.0 innings pitched to lead No. 15 Clemson to a 6-1 victory over NC State at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Saturday afternoon. Clemson (20-9, 9-3 ACC), who upped its winning streak to six, took a 1-0 series lead over NC State (17-12, 3-10 ACC), who lost its 10th ACC contest in a row.
Crownover (6-2) earned the win by giving up just three hits, one run and two walks with seven strikeouts. Wolfpack starter Carlos Rodon (2-5) suffered the loss in a complete-game effort.
The Wolfpack took a 1-0 lead with a run in the top of the fourth inning before the Tigers answered with two runs in the bottom of the fourth on two-out, run-scoring singles by Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile and Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile to take the lead for good. Clemson added one run in the sixth inning and three runs in the eighth inning. All six Tiger runs scored with two outs.
The series continues Sunday at 3 p.m. on ESPNU. It is Social Sunday, as fans who show their coupon on Twitter or Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball can receive a 16 oz. drink for $2.
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley