Tigers face Terriers & Cougars
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers face Wofford and College of Charleston in midweek games.
• Who - Clemson (24-23) vs. Wofford (32-16) & College of Charleston (35-9)
• Rankings - CU - NR; WOF - NR; COC - No. 19 BA, No. 20 CB, No. 18 USA
• When - Tuesday (6 p.m.), Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Spartanburg, S.C. (Russell C. King Field), Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - SoCon Digital Network (Tuesday), ESPN3 (Wednesday)
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary (Wednesday), Roy Philpott (Wednesday)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Tuesday), WCCP (105.5 FM) (Wednesday)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Wednesday) - Purchase one adult-seat ticket and receive an additional reserved-seat ticket free of charge.
SERIES HISTORY (WOFFORD)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 78-23-1 (1898-2015)
• Record at Wofford - Clemson leads 34-14 (1898-2004)
SERIES HISTORY (COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 23-1 (1899-2012)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-1 (1899-2012)
• Clemson lost two of three home games against No. 3 Louisville from Saturday to Monday despite outscoring the Cardinals 17-15 in the series.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.0 runs per game and hitting .279 with a .369 on-base percentage and 45 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.69 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 2.44 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .963.
• Wofford is led by eighth-year head coach Todd Interdonato.
• The Terriers won two of three home games against UNC Greensboro. They are hitting .299 and have a 4.59 ERA and .968 fielding percentage.
• Matt Ramsay is hitting a team-high .374 with 11 of Wofford’s 113 steals. James Plaisted is batting .349 with seven homers and 37 RBIs.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON OVERVIEW
• College of Charleston is led by seventh-year head coach Monte Lee.
• The Cougars swept William & Mary on the road last weekend. They are hitting .316 and have a 3.34 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Blake Butler is hitting a team-high .356 with eight homers and 46 RBIs to lead the Cougars, who have won eight games in a row.
• The Tigers beat Wofford 11-5 on Feb. 25, 2015 at Clemson. Reed RohlmanReed Rohlman
RS Fr. Outfielder
#26 6-0, 210
View Full Profile went 4-for-4 with four runs.
• The Tigers beat the Terriers 6-0 in their last meeting at Wofford on March 10, 2004. It is the only meeting at Wofford since April 19, 1977.
• Clemson won the first 23 games of the series against College of Charleston before the Cougars’ 4-2 win in the series finale on May 7, 2012.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
• Eight Tigers have had at least one plate appearance as the No. 9 batter in the order in 2015.
• Those eight players have combined to hit .297, fourth-highest among all spots in the batting order, with a team-high 11 steals.
• Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-8, 200
View Full Profile is 6-for-10 (.600) with a .692 on-base percentage in three games in the nine-hole.
• Eli WhiteEli White
#4 6-2, 185
View Full Profile, who has been the leadoff batter during the second half of the season, is hitting .319 in the nine-hole.