|Tigers face Spartans on Wednesday|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play at Fluor Field for the second time this season to face Michigan State.
• Who - Clemson (8-6) vs. Michigan State (6-7)
• Rankings - CU - NR; MSU - NR
• When - Wednesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Greenville, S.C. (Fluor Field)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Michigan State leads 9-7-1 (1935-11)
• Record at Neutral - Clemson leads 3-0 (2009-11)
• LHP Charlie BarnesCharlie Barnes
Fr. LH Pitcher
#23 6-1, 170
View Full ProfileCharlie Barnes
Fr. LH Pitcher
#23 6-1, 170
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Andrew Gonzalez (MSU)
• Clemson is coming off one win in three games at NC State last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.6 runs per game and hitting .291 with a .374 on-base percentage and 13 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 3.59 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 3.03 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
MICHIGAN STATE OVERVIEW
• Michigan State is led by seventh-year Head Coach Jake Boss.
• The Spartans won three games in the Coastal Carolina Invitational. They are hitting .236 and have a 3.56 ERA and .974 fielding percentage.
• Chad Roskelly is hitting .355 with two homers and seven RBIs, while Mark Weist is batting .333 with three steals.
• For the first time since 1991, Clemson is playing 14 of its first 23 games away from home.
• Clemson has not allowed a run in the sixth inning this season and is outscoring the opposition 22-5 in the seventh inning.
• Clemson’s freshman batters (6) have combined to hit .345 this season, led by Reed RohlmanReed Rohlman
RS Fr. Outfielder
#26 6-0, 210
View Full Profile’s .400 batting average.
TIGERS 16-5 AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 16-5 all-time record at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C.
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14,15) and Presbyterian College (2011).
• Clemson is 3-0 against Michigan State at Fluor Field.
KOERNER BLANKS GAMECOCKS
• Junior righty Brody KoernerBrody Koerner
Jr. RH Pitcher
#19 6-2, 200
View Full Profile pitched a four-hit shutout in Clemson’s 7-0 win at No. 8 South Carolina on March 2. He also struck out seven.
• His performance enabled the Tigers to win the regular-season series over the Gamecocks for the first time since 2010.
• He won the Bob Bradley Award as Clemson’s MVP of the three-game series.
• He was the biggest reason South Carolina did not score a run in a home game for the first time since 1998.
• He became the first Tiger to pitch a shutout in Columbia since 1968 (John Curtis).
• On the season, he is 2-2 with a 3.97 ERA and .241 opponents’ batting average in 22.2 innings pitched over four starts.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson throwing for Jon Gruden's QB Camp